The Timbers at Troy Golf Course is open for golf and as of June 1, 2020, the clubhouse restrooms are open for golfers only. Per Governor Hogan’s order all guests are required to wear a mask when using the clubhouse restrooms. The remainder of the clubhouse will remained closed. Golf check-in will continue online, via phone or by using our outside patio pro shop window. Outside seating on the patio is now available but limited per the recent order. Grill room food & beverage service will serve the patio seating and remain available for curbside/to-go pick-up.
The Timbers at Troy team is working diligently to ensure we are providing a safe environment for our staff and guests. Our team is closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 and taking preventative measures to ensure that we are providing the highest level of service and cleanliness to our guests. This situation remains fluid and may change at any time.
We are following the guidelines established by the CDC for preventing the spread of the virus, and we have implemented additional measures at our facility to mitigate risk and reduce the spread of germs. This includes the following procedures:
- The Clubhouse
- The Clubhouse is closed except for restrooms for use by golfers. Tee time payment will be accepted on the deck behind the clubhouse through the sliding window at the pro shop. Signage will be posted outside the clubhouse with directions. Tee times will be reserved online or over the phone up to 7 days in advance.
- Please visit our website www.timbersgolf.com or call 410-313-4653 to book your tee time.
- We have increased frequency in cleaning schedules with a focus on public areas, including handrails, door handles, cash machines, golf carts, and other high-touch common areas.
- We have installed additional sanitizing stations throughout our facilities.
- We have posted visual signage throughout our facilities to encourage staff and guests to wash hands thoroughly and disinfect workstations, along with verbal and email communication.
- Our customary ‘handshake welcome’ with our guests will be replaced with a standard “hello” to limit human contact.
- The Golf Course and Range
- The course is open for walking golf and riding with single rider golf carts as well. Cart rules can change daily based on weather and course conditions. All golf cart touch points will be sprayed with disinfectant and washed off after each use.
- Rental Clubs will not be available.
- Tee time intervals will be set at 15 minutes apart to encourage social distancing.
- Ball washers, benches and bunker rakes have been removed from the course. Play preferred lies in bunkers.
- On the greens the cups have been inverted in the hole so balls can be easily retrieved without contacting the flagstick or cup.
- All golfers are reminded not to touch the flagsticks. Flagsticks should always remain in place .
- The practice green will be open with cups inverted in the holes.
- Scorecards and pencils will be pre-packaged and distributed upon request to minimize touch.
- The range will be open with mats set 6-8 feet apart for social distancing.
In addition to the above policies, we encourage you to engage in these additional recommendations when on the course:
- Don’t congregate and maintain at least a 6 foot distance from Timber’s staff and other golfers.
- Don’t shake hands or high-five during or after the round.
- Leave the flagstick in the hole.
- Don’t share clubs or any other equipment.
The health and safety of our staff and guests is our highest priority. We will continue to work with health experts to ensure that our staff is informed and prepared to host you at The Timbers at Troy. However, as we have told our staff, if you are feeling sick or exhibiting any signs of illness, please stay home and rest.
We appreciate your support and cooperation to create a safe and healthy environment. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions at 410-313-4653 and continue to check our website and social media for further updates.
Timbers at Troy Golf Course Management